Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

Deviant Spirit


Deviant Spirit

Deviant, not fitting in,
walks the edges, smiles on a whim.
You give me a label, a badge, a name;
it doesn’t matter I stay just the same.

I never needed your rules, your code;
never heeded the looks you showed.
And yes how it rankles to see me so free
and all you can say is you wouldn’t be me!

It’s you who miss out it’s you who is sad
with your prim ways that label me bad!
Where does it get you, this convention of yours,
that treats me like a rag to wipe floors?

A threat to your peace, to your safety too,
is how you view me and all that I do.
And you think I care when you express your disgust
of the things that I care for, of those that I trust.

And never by look or by deed have you shown
that I also have rights, that I also own,
a right to be happy, a right to have fun
and to pass on these joys to my daughter, my son.

You want for them what you wanted for me,
to be blinkered, be blind to what they can see.
But no, I won’t do it, I will not fit in
to make you feel comfortable within your skin.

So "Fuck you world, I’ll go it alone."
I don’t care at all for the things you have shown
to me as reasons to behave, to conform,
I really don’t want to fit to your 'norm'.

So let me be me and you be you
and lets get on with the things that we do.
And if I pity you each day that goes by,
at least you'll never understand why!

No comments:

Post a Comment