Pages

Saturday 29 September 2012

Home thoughts from ... well home actually!

Finished a 12 week nursing practice placement - so sad to finish, I have loved it. Now I am worried (a little) about having chosen child nursing. This last placement was on an elderly orthopedic ward - hip fractures. I LOVE working with the elderly - I have found I have endless patience for their care. I think I feel the same about caring for children (well I know I do for my own) but have yet to put this into practice. Child practice starts mid October...... watch this space.

On an different subject, entirely, my 16 year old daughter went to London with a friend today: afternoon in London and then train to friends house north of London. They went to Hyde Park to attempt to see Tobuscus - a YouTube 'celebrity'. 'YouTube celebrity' is an idea that is rather new to me and I thought I was fairly 'with it'. Anyway, a little scary checking out twitter feeds about a near riot at this 'meet-up', demanded immediate reassuring txt message from daughter and luckily got one!

I have met, in person, quite a few people that I originally got to know on the internet and find that to be quite a normal process, so it is maybe odd that I haven't really taken in the whole media revolution - probably why it has taken me 25 years of internet usage to get round to writing a blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment