Pages

Thursday 29 November 2012

Life changes.... it would be boring if it didn't...?



This post isn't actually about the changes but is more a result of them! (more of changes later!)

This is about food - well tonight’s dinner to be precise. Inspiration was needed. I had promised risotto last night with an added extra treat, for the kinder, of spare ribs (waiting in fridge to be roasted off) but that damn life stuff intruded. So back to the risotto idea, a day late.

Great, we're having risotto...... well that's a very broad statement, in this household at least. Hmmm (she ponders), looks in vegetable boxes, onions, hmmmm, thought intrudes (they do this randomly all the time) what am I going to do with those long-life corn on the cob (yes a very odd purchase - seemed like a good idea at the time). A marriage comes to mind: risotto and chowder....

So we will: sauté onions, add garlic, add chorizo, add white wine, add mild stock (chorizo and parmesan if I add later will add enough saltiness) a ladle-full at a time............ add corn kernels, a little more wine possibly..... Herbs? hmmm .... Please at this point note (and remember for future reference) that by this time the addition of wine includes adding it to the cook :)... oh yes where were we....ok I admit I'm actually at the ladling point (brb), this also means the first glass of wine has been added to the cook. I think I will ladle in the stock (could have used the corn husks, milk, water and possibly a little vecon to boil up into stock - but I thought of this after I threw the corn husks away) until 2/3 done then add the sweet corn.

So that (plus the barbecue spare ribs - mustn't forget the spare ribs) is going to be dinner. I might manage pictures! And I will manage a review and write up the final recipe if it's a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment